The former Cassa di Risparmio di Ascoli Piceno realized the auditorium by purchasing the two churches of San Francesco di Paola and St. John to Templum, respectively in 1991 and 1989. After a thorough restoration the two places of worship, were aggregated and complex was opened in 1992. The two churches have historically two different paths. The church of San Francesco di Paola in neoclassical style was built in 1848 by Bishop Gregory Zelli, founder of the Congregation of Cordigeri, devoted to the saint of Calabria Francesco di Paola. Hence the name of the same Holy consecrated in 1850. The church of San Giovanni to Templum is historically one of the most important sacred buildings of Ascoli Piceno . It was built by the Knights Templar to the XII – XIII. Restored several times during the five was almost completely rebuilt in 1639 when it introduced the cult of St. Francis of Paola.
Auditorium San Francesco di Paola – Foundation Carisap admin 2017-01-10T20:07:30+00:00
Auditorium San Francesco di Paola – Foundation Carisap