The church of San Tommaso Apostolo is a Romanesque church located in Piazza San Tommaso (formerly known as Lu Spiazzë dë Ventura). The church was built on the initiative of Bishop Bernardo II around 1064, in the same period as the Chiesa Collegiata dei Canonici Lateranensi dell’Ordine di Sant’Agostino. Monks lived in the building annexed to the church and led a very simple life: according to their Rule, they were not allowed to have any personal possessions. Attached to the church is a cloister which today houses the Museum of Ceramic Art.
Church of San Tommaso Apostolo admin 2017-01-10T20:08:02+00:00
Church of San Tommaso Apostolo