And ‘situated in the district of Piazzarola and is situated along via Praetorian, uphill, it is believed that the church was founded in 1292. On the facade of the church, is a Romanesque-Gothic portal surmounted by a rose window; the bell tower is covered by a cusp octagonal pyramid. The interior presents Renaissance has three naves that are divided by four piers and two columns with capitals of Byzantine style, which support the vaults built between the second half of the ‘400 and early’ 500. The presbytery is very raised, because of the steep terrain and ends with three apses. The vault and the walls of the nave are decorated with eighteenth-century frescoes depicting events of the Old Testament and are the work of Tommaso Nardini. The lunette is decorated by the Fall of Lucifer, also the work of Nardini and is located just down the same aisle. The sacristy, the second half of ‘400, has a Gothic vault and a characteristic well in the middle.
Church of Sant’Angelo Magno admin 2017-01-10T20:07:30+00:00
Church of Sant’Angelo Magno